For over 20 years, Marty Schreiber has been successfully litigating complex cases in Maryland and the District of Columbia. After graduating with honors from the University of Maryland School of Law, he clerked for a federal district judge and joined the Baltimore litigation firm of Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP, where he was an associate and then partner.
In 2006, Marty opened the Law Office of Martin H. Schreiber II, LLC, where he maintains a diverse litigation practice. He represents financial institutions, businesses, and individuals in all manner of complex cases. He even has defended an African nation in a suit over its presidential jet.
Marty also represents individuals and companies in criminal cases and investigations. He is a member of the Criminal Justice Act Felony Panel for the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Marty also has been an adjunct professor at the University of Maryland School of Law, where he taught Maryland Civil Procedure and Legal Analysis, Writing, and Research.
For his legal work and service to the profession, Marty received the “Leadership in Law Award” from the Daily Record and the “Award for Legal Excellence in the Advancement of the Rights of the Disadvantaged” from the Maryland Bar Foundation. He is on the Super Lawyers “Top 100 List” and rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., with honors, 1992
- Columbia University, B.A, cum laude, 1987
- Lycée Jean Perrin, Lille, France, Baccalauréat A, avec mention, 1983
- Gilman School, Baltimore, Maryland, 1982
- Member, Law Office of Martin H. Schreiber II, LLC, Baltimore, MD, 2006-present
- Adjunct Professor, Univ. Md. School of Law, Baltimore, MD, 2001-07
- Associate and Partner, Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP, Baltimore, MD, 1994-2006
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Judge Thomas A. Higgins, Mid. Dist. Tenn., 1992-94
Awards and Honors
- “Dickens Warfield Fair Housing Award for Outstanding Dedication and Service to Justice in Housing” (Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc. 2015)
- “Award for Legal Excellence in the Advancement of the Rights of the Disadvantaged” (Maryland Bar Foundation 2012)
- “Leadership in Law Award” (Daily Record 2012)
- “AV Rating” (Martindale-Hubbell 2000-present)
- “Super Lawyers” (Thomson Reuters 2009-present)
- “Super Lawyers Top 100” (Thomson Reuters 2017)
- Maryland Law Review, Assistant Editor (Univ. Md. School of Law 1991-92)
- “John S. Strahorn, Jr. Prize” for highest grade in Evidence; “Bridgewater M. Arnold Prize” for highest grade in Commercial Paper; “American Jurisprudence Award” for highest grade in Torts (Univ. Md. School of Law 1990-92)
- Phi Beta Kappa (Columbia University 1987)
Community Service and Memberships
- Board-member, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (2018-present)
- Board-member, Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc. (2000-15)
- Board-member, University of Maryland School of Law Alumni Association (2000-07)
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation (2015-present)
- Fellow, Baltimore Bar Foundation (2016-present)
- Member, Maryland Land Title Association (2016-present)
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association (1994-present)
- Member, Bar Association of Baltimore City (1994-present)
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for District of Maryland
- United States District Court for District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States